Monday 22 September 2014

The arrival..and the hunt for a job.!

Moving to Prague was a spur of the moment decision, but I think that those ones are the best!

Having come back from a break in Czech with my girlfriend, I had just got a new job as receptionist in a nice 4* hotel, also just got accepted to college to study business. I had finally got some sort of solid plan together. And then...

flying with no fear..
Home sickness set in for Veronika, and we talked about it for about an hour or so, before I told my parents and started searching for flight tickets. And in under a month, we were touching down at letiste Vaclava Havla or Prague airport as I like to call it.

We had set our base in Brno at Veronika's parents' house, so that gave us an opportunity to search for jobs and flats whilst having a comfortable place to stay. We actually viewed a flat the day we arrived, just 25 mins from the city centre, and I am currently sitting in that flat writing this blog.

So having been here for just little over a month,
it has been quite a mixed experience, although always trying to make the most of things, the financial pressure of moving to a foreign country is always on the back of my mind.

When I arrived, I already had some interviews set up to attend So travelling from Brno, I was planning to make the trips in Prague via coach, a unpredictable 2.5-4 hour journey depending on the wind direction..or something.
Celebrating the job win..

Luckily, I was successful in my first interview and had a job set up just 2 days after arriving, which I thought was quite incredible. This job was within a worldwide IT company, my duties were to be fun stuff like instructing users how to switch on a printer and all that jazz.

I attended the training for one week before being offered an interview at a big on line travel company. Another spur of the moment decision meant that I decided to quit the IT job and put my faith in my ability to succeed in the interview. Thankfully now, I can look back on this choice with no regrets as I am due to start my new career in the first week of October!

So in a wonderful world that will mean that I have no more financial worries to think about and life will be jolly, and that's the way it is looking right now.! I guess its a wonderful world.. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment